Monday, April 14, 2008

Here goes nothing!

I have known several friends to blog and thought about it before, but never thought I had enough going on in my life to blog about. Well, I now have a reason to blog seeing that I will have my first child here in about a week or so. This will be a great way to let the family know how things are in Alabama and let those grandparents see the pics of their precious and only grandchild!! As for what is going on in our lives so far:

Rocky and I are currently living at Fort Rucker, Alabama where he is attending flight school for the army. It is looking like we will be here for another year or so. We have purchased our first house going on a year ago and I am 38 weeks pregnant(lets get this child out). Alabama is nice but its just not home! We have made great friends here and hope to keep lasting friendships with them. I quit working about a month ago to prepare for baby's arrival. Laney Paige is her name!! I will post some pics of her room in progress.

We are hoping to induce on the 21st. My mother is coming into town this Wednesday to help finish up the room. I had a baby shower in Texas in February which I flew down for so the majority of the gifts are coming with her seeing as I could not carry it all on the plane. My nesting instincs have set in and I am getting a little nervous about things not being finished, but my mom always comes through with flying colors. Rocky has been a great sport and doing whatever I ask him to do, even with how crazy it seems!! We have rearranged every room in this house!! Here is a pic of Laney's crib and one of the belly of course.




3 comments:

karicj said...

Papa J says it's time for us to get to hold Laney!! You've held her long enough and been very stingy with her!

We love you all,
Mama K

Kelsey said...

Yay! Another blog to read. Can't wait to see sweet new baby pictures.

Michelle said...

Welcome to the blog world! It's so much fun. I'm sure all the grandmas and grandpas will be so thankful your starting one so they can see updates and pictures. Mine get a little fiesty when I don't post often enough!

You look great, won't be too much longer till baby is here, then the craziness really starts! I know everyone tells you this, but have as many date nights with the hubby now, and try to do as much relaxing and pampering as possible. It'll be a loonnngg time before you can again! :)

Glad to have another blog to read!