Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

I thought I better post this before it gets too far away from the 4th. Last Thursday I took Laney to have her pictures made at Sears. They were having a 20% off military discount that day and since I had not taken her yet I wanted to take full advantage of it. I had bought her a little dress for the 4th of July so I thought, what better time to have some patriotic pictures done of her. I took Rocky's ACU jacket with me and had them use it as a prop. She did so well and we were actually able to catch some of her smiling a little. The lady that was taking the pictures was a little over the top trying to get her to smile so in a couple of them she has this really confused look like "why in the world is this strange lady talking to me like this".It is so rewarding to peak over the bassinet in the morning to hear her just talking up a storm and when she catches me peaking she gives me the sweetest smile ever.

On Friday the 4th we went over to our Friends Buster and Sarah's place to all go and watch the Fireworks on post. They have 2 boys, a 3 year old and a 6 month old. Fort Rucker has a freedom festival every year on July 4th and a fireworks display. The fireworks were amazing and Laney did not seem to mind them one bit. She slept the majority of the time and when she was awake she was so mesmerized by them. Here is a picture of Laney and her older boyfriend Taylor getting ready to head out to the fireworks. And here is Daddy and Laney.And I am leaving you with one of me and Rocky. It seems like forever since we have taken a picture together. Our whole camera is filled with Laney! I can't believe how long my hair has gotten!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

look at your cute little patriotic family... i love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Laney is getting so big. Your little family looks so happy. We are thrilled for you and can't wait to meet your precious little girl in person. Hugs