Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Sweatshop

Rocky is between phases right now in his flight school training. He has just finished the training helicopter and is waiting to start the apaches. During this down time they have put him in a class called ALSE(Aviation Life Support Equipment). He just started this class last week and the first thing they are having them do is learn how to sew. Rocky calls it the sweatshop. The reason for this is to be able to repair survival vests, flight suits, flight bags, fancy purses(I'll get to that in a minute)and anything else that needs stitching up. On Wednesday he brought me home a homemade pot holder. We had a friend go through the course about a month ago and he made his wife a purse. I told Rocky that if he ever went to the course I expect a purse out of it. So after the pot holder was done he got to work on the fancy purse. They were given all the material required to make this "tool bag" just a manly name for fancy purse. It had to have pockets, a zipper, handles, and rings on it. When he brought the finished product to me I was totally shocked at how well made it is! Now that I know he can sew I told him to get to work on Laney some outfits! Now we are in the market for a sewing machine!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Wow! I'm impressed.