Thursday, May 6, 2010

Prayers

I know it has been forever since I have posted and I really have no other excuse other than when I realized I was behind it would have been harder for me to catch up. So then I just decided to take a break from blogging for a while. Well, I am back because I need you guys!!!!

I am calling all of you prayer warriors out there to lift my family up in your prayers. We are approaching our first deployment together. Rocky will be leaving for Afghanistan next month and will be gone for a year. I think I have cried all the tears I can cry. I knew that this would eventually happen and actually thought I was prepared for it! What I was not prepared for is, trying to explain to my now 2 YEAR OLD(WOW) why daddy is gone for a year. She is such a daddy's little girl and her whole face lights up when he is in the room. What is comforting to me is the fact that technology is so advanced these days that we will be able to talk to him via skype and the internet. So please, when saying your prayers, if you would send up a little prayer for Rocky's safety, my sweet girls, and me. We are so proud of our Soldier and are grateful for all the men and women that serve this country and sacrifice themselves FOR OUR FREEDOM!!!

Also, for those of you who don't know...we welcomed Gracie Beth Whitely into this world on February 8, 2010. She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz, 21" long, and had a full head of dark brown curly hair!! Pictures coming soon!!


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

We will keep you guys in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'm an Army wife as well and my husband leaves next month for Afghanistan. It will be our second deployment, the first since being married, and there is no way of being prepared for what is about to happen! I am proud of you for turning to the one source who can bring comfort! I know no words can help make it easier, but I will be praying for you and your family! God bless you all!

Whitney said...

Thanks for signing up for my giveaway! So sorry that your husband is deploying next month! I will definitely say a prayer for you and for his safety! :)

The Burggraff's said...

I love ya'll!! I will be praying lots and lots for you!!! CALL me if you need ANYTHING! I know I am like a million miles away, but I am here if you need to talk!!

Jason & Daria Hollyfield said...

Well, you just made me cry, :( I can't say that I know exactly what you're about to face. But I do know our God and we have been praying for y'all and the upcoming year for a little while now. Call me any time girly.

love ya!