Thursday, May 22, 2008

She's one month old!!!

Well technically she is 5 weeks old yesterday, but I have not posted her one month pictures or progress this month.

Little Laney is growing so fast. When we left the hospital she weighed 6lbs. At her 2 week check up she was 7lbs. 5oz. and when we had to go to the doctor for her thrush she was 8lbs. 9oz. There is no doubt she is getting fed.

Her sleeping pattern has progressively gotten better. Last night she slept from 10pm till 4am. I kept waking up and checking on her to make sure she was okay. There is no doubt that I was ready for her to wake up and eat because by the time she woke up I had leaked through 2 nursing pads through my shirt and onto the sheets.

Funny story:
I had been begging Rocky to get me Guitar Hero for months and the week that we got home from the hospital he finally got me the game. I guess he thought I would like to play it in my spare time...haha. Well while the family was holding and enjoying Laney, Rocky and I were playing guitar hero. I guess she got so used to hearing the classic rock that now when she is fighting sleep we have to have one of us start playing guitar hero and she immediately doses off. If she is not fully asleep and we stop playing she starts crying again. She also hates the car seat so I am now looking for any recordings I can get of guitar hero to play in the car. If any of you have any suggestions that would be great! Below are several of her one month pictures I took. She is growing so fast. The picture in the middle is of my best friend here at Rucker. She and her husband will be moving to Fort Lewis Washington in July and I am dreading them leaving. That is one thing about the Army that I don't like is that you get attached to people and then they leave. :-(( Isn't she adorable...and I am not biased at all!

No comments: