Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Updates

I have been horrible about blogging lately but for good reason. Last week my sister Jesika who has been dying to come and see Laney finally got to come and see her precious niece. She really enjoyed herself and also managed to scare mommy half to death. We were on our way to the mall and she was in the back with Laney. About half way to the mall she spoke up and asked me if Laney had thrush. I immediately freaked out because I had never heard of this before and started asking all kinds of questions. Then proceeded to make Laney an appointment ASAP. Turns out she did have thrush and thanks to Aunt Jekas I would have never known and made my poor baby girl suffer. After getting her antibiotics and getting it home I was preparing to give Laney her first dose and opened the bottle and smelt this awful smell, and knew that I was going to have a time giving this awful medicine to a 4 week old. Just as soon as I put the coated q-tip in her mouth she grabbed a hold of it, immediately started sucking and would not let go. It was the funniest thing ever. Here is a pic of Aunt Jekas and Laney. If you look closely you can see Laney smiling too. This is how I can tell that she is really sleeping good!


Grammie(Rocky's mom) finally got to come in town and see Laney for the first time last week. We have really enjoyed having her here and she has been much help. Here is a pic of her and Laney in the glider that she and my parents all went in on. It has become a house rule that whoever has Laney gets the chair.

Yesterday was a pretty eventful day as well. Laney had been somewhat fussy yesterday afternoon and up into the evening. During one of our feedings I noticed Laney was having a hard time swallowing and started coughing, I looked down to find blood filling the nipple shield and running down her chin. I immediately took her off and put her to the other breast. After her feeding I was burping her and she vomited the blood that she swallowed along with this yucky green phlegm type stuff. After calling the nurse practitioner, Aunt Jackie, and cousin Michelle, (thank you all for your help) Rocky and I were rushing to the drug store to get Normal Saline because it sounded like she might have been congested, Lansinoh for my bleeding breast, and a smaller bulb syringe being that the one given to us in the hospital was way too big for Laney's little nostril. That helped tremendously and at her next feeding there was no spit up at all! She just wanted to make sure that mommy was paying attention. Here is a pic of Laney sleeping peacefully on mommy's chest. I wish I looked this cute sleeping!

And to end, I just had to post this adorable picture of Daddy and Laney playing X-Box. Aunt Jekas and I had gone to Target to get some things and left Laney with Daddy, and this is what we came home too. You can't help but smile!!!


By the way, Laney now weighs 8lbs 9oz, and will be 5 weeks Wednesday. She has gained a whole 2 pounds!!! YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed visiting with you on the phone last night. Love the updated pixs. Know Grammie is enjoying herself. Looking forward to meeting Laney in person! Hugs & Kisses, Auntie Jacki

Kandice said...

look at that tiny thing!!!! she's adorable! i'm so glad that you guys are doing well! :) keep posting so we can all watch her progress!