Sunday, May 4, 2008

Update

Well, I think we finally did it. Last night was the first night that Laney slept in her OWN bassinet(mommy was within inches of course.) She did wake for feedings which I would put her with me until she was finished and asleep and then place her back in her bed. Thank you to all the other moms out there for their advice and support. She really adjusted well, I would just put her in her bassinet at night and when she started crying I would get her out without letting her cry for long at all. She finally just got used to being in there and would go longer and longer each time she was set in her bassinet.

My mom, dad, and sister left yesterday morning. This was the first time that it was just Daddy, Mommy and Laney. I was a little nervous about them leaving just for the simple fact that if something happened I had someone else here for help. We did really well and are adjusting as a happy family. I have been meaning to post pictures of Laney's room all complete(thanks to my mom, dad, mamaw, and sister Lexi.) When I was admitted to the hospital by my doctor I had nothing packed and her room was no where near finished. My mom, dad, mamaw, and Lexi spent the days I was in the hospital finishing her room. It was nice to come home and be completely surprised by the amazing transformation. Grammie(Rocky's mom) made the quilt that is on the twin bed, Pappa J(my dad) made the changing table for my little sister Lexi when she was born, it has now been passed down to Laney newly sanded and stained by Lexi herself and Mamaw(my grandmother). Mama K(my mom) made the curtains that match her bedding. I love how everyone has contributed something to her room. See pics below.

I could not post this blog without posting one of my growing baby girl. This is one of her in her bobby bouncer that we have just started liking. This past week we had her 2 week checkup and she had gained a pound and grew almost 2 inches. I am glad to know she is eating well!!

3 comments:

karicj said...

We had a wonderful time with ya'll and miss Laney Paige already (oh yeah, you and Rocky, too. lol) You are both doing a great job as parents and we have every confidence that you have everyting under control. We love you all.

Mama K and Papa J

Michelle said...

her room looks great! and good job with her sleeping in the bassinet.

oh,i need your address. you can post it on my blog or facebook, either one. thanks!

Kelsey said...

Her nursery is so cute. I love how everyone contributed something to make it extra special.

And I'm so glad to hear she's sleeping better for you. I hope she keeps it up!