Sunday, August 15, 2010

Only 6 1/2 months late.

If you know me at all, you know that I am not crafty by any means. I really don't have the patience for sewing and I think I am too much of a perfectionist when it comes to DIY things.

After saying that...lately I have really been wanting to start doing little projects and DIY things for the girls and the house. I figured it would help keep me busy and give me something to take pride in! So I decided my first project would be to make Gracie wooden nursery letters to hang above her crib. Laney received several personalized things when she was born and since they are sharing a room, I wanted Gracie's half of the room to be personalized as well. I have been talking about doing this since she was born....well really since we found out she was a girl, so I am just 6 1/2 months late....shhhhh don't tell her!

Anyways, here it is....my first project...EVER! Just don't look too close!

After painting them black.

The first coat of color is on.

The final product!!!!! Not too bad! Remember, don't look too close!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

you're back to blogging! yay!

the letters look great and love all the family pictures. we're thinking about you guys as your getting settled into your new normal. thinking and praying for rocky (and you and the girls!)

looking forward to more blogging out of you, little lady! ;)