Friday, June 6, 2008

We did it!!!!!

Yesterday was a pretty rough day for Laney as we were out and about all day long shopping, getting nails done, lunch with daddy, thrift store with Grammie and Pop, and dinner with Mr. Brian. When we finally arrived at home at 9:00pm, I got Laney all ready for bed, fed her and put her to bed finally at 10:00pm. We have given Pop and Grammie our bed and Rocky and I are sleeping on the twin bed in Laney's room, a little tight but brings back memories of when we were first married visiting Bobby and Danelle and sleeping on the twin in their guest room. We thought since we were already there this would be a good time to get Laney in her crib. The past three nights that Grammie and Pop have been here she has done wonderful and did not waiver from her previous sleeping schedule in her bassinet. She normally wakes at 2:00am for a feeding, 5:30am for a feeding and then about 8:00am and is up for the morning.

Last night we were finally in bed at 10:00pm. I woke up at 3:30am shocked that Laney was still sleeping and had not woken up. I got up to check on her and make sure she was still breathing(yes, I am still going through panic mom phase) she was of course sound asleep just like a little angel. I went back to bed thinking any moment now she will want to eat. I woke up with Rocky at 6:00am and she was still sleeping!!! By the time 6:30am rolled around I looked like I had a double breast augmentation and was super engorged, I had to feed this child!!!! I let her sleep till about 6:45 and gently woke her up to feed her! She was clearly not ready to eat and fell asleep within minutes of eating. I then decided to pump to relieve some pressure. It is now 8:00am and she is still sleeping! I hope this continues and is not just her being worn out from the day yesterday! Rocky has been wanting me to pump more anyway so he can feed her as well, he feels a little left out, so if she keeps this up he will get his wish, I just hate pumping because it is soooo unnatural.

1 comment:

sharon said...

hey! you left me a comment forever ago about flying with merit...so sorry i am just now responding!! you have probably already made your trip! just in case you haven't... i kept merit in the sling or the front carrier when waiting to board and getting off the plane. on the way home, i kept her in the front carrier all the way through both flights and she slept the entire time. i had bottles for take-off and landing, but of course, on the way home i didn't use them since she was sleeping, and she did just fine. i was way more nervous than i should have been...i think flying with young babies is probably easier than traveling with older babies/toddlers. if you have already been on your trip, hope you had a great time! if not, good luck--i promise you'll be fine and laney will do great!

sorry to make this comment even longer, but i am so jealous of laney sleeping through the night!! has she kept it up?