Monday, November 17, 2008

7 Months!!

Another month has just flown by us and I realized on Sunday that my baby girl is 7 months old.

Laney is quite the comedian these days and has Rocky and I laughing all the time. If she is laying in my lap she loves to arch her back where her head is hanging off my knees and kicks her feet back and forth. She would do a back flip off my lap if I would let her.
She is talking constantly and now gargles, spits, and blows bubbles. I wonder what sound she will come up with next. We were on our way to see Rocky fly one day, and to get out to where he is, you have to drive down this gravel road. Just about when I hit the gravel she starts up in the back seat "aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" We have been out there 3 times now and all three times she has done this. I thought the first 2 times it was coincidence but the 3rd time, I knew she knew what she was doing. She was starting to talk because she knew the vibrations changed her voice. Silly girl!

She is so close to crawling it isn't funny. She has all the mechanics down but just can't seem to sync them together. She shuffles her little feet back-n-forth, moves her hands forward and back, lifts her bum way in the air and then does a nose dive right in the carpet. She has even managed to crawl backwards. I am sorry if some of these pictures seem a little fuzzy or bright in places. When the shades are open the sun comes barreling in, which does not make for good lighting when taking pictures.
She has also been practicing her yoga, just like her momma! As you can also see, she loves sucking on her bottom lip, and has even mastered smacking!
She now reaches out to her daddy and I when we hold our hands out to her. She sometimes thinks its a game and wants to go back and forth from one to the other. We can't help but play along. The only other person she has reached for is our preacher Brian. Rocky and I hang out with he and his adorable kids quite a bit and she has gotten to know him pretty well. She loves all the attention she gets from him and the bites of "adult" food he gives when mom isn't looking. I tell you, you can't even trust a preacher these days! JK!

Speaking of food.........she still loooooooooooves it!
She is also enjoying the formula and is becoming quite a chunky monkey.

My dad saw the picture of Rocky, Laney and I on the Apache and called to ask me what was wrong with the picture. Apparently, Rocky and I both had sun glasses on in the picture and Laney did not so the next day these showed up on our door step. Thanks Papa J......she is too cool for school!!!
We can't wait to see whats in store this month! Happy 7 months baby girl!!!

2 comments:

kn1t1t said...

She does love her food! Aunt Jekas couldn't shovel it in fast enough and mommy had to take over!

Kristinsgirls said...

Thank your husband b/c you've been tagged! Go to my blog and check it out.