Monday, November 3, 2008

Lots of Updates!

Well this has been one busy month...Hmmmm where to start...

October 18...
Laney and I went to Texas for 10 days. My friend Daria got married October 25 and I was her Matron of Honor. We had a really fun time visiting friends and family and I know they were all excited to see Laney again! I took Laney down to Rocky's parents to stay the night with them so I could attend the rehearsal dinner and wedding the next day. This was the first night I spent away from her and I will say I was a nervous wreck and did not know what to do with myself. Thanks Grammie and Pop for taking care of sweet pea!! Still waiting on pics from the trip and the wedding(no pressure mom) and will post as soon as I have them!

October 28...
We returned to a very lonely and bored daddy! He was super excited to see Laney and what all she had accomplished in 10 days. She is now up on her hands and knees rocking back and forth and will every once in a while do a push up! She learned that from her daddy!!
If you notice the big boo boo band aides on her thighs, she had 4 shots at the doctor for her 6 month check up. Speaking of doctor...

October 29...
Going in for her check up I was going to ask him about her weight seeing as she is just now starting to wear 3-6 month clothes. I have been a little concerned for a while now but knew she was eating plenty( she is a little chow). She is still breastfeeding every hour and a half to 2 hours, eating solids and is sleeping through the night, so I know that she was not starving. When they placed Laney on the scale she weighed 12lbs. 13oz and mommy's tears started flowing! What in the world am I doing wrong? I explained to him my frustrations and he said that a lot of moms milk supplies reach a peak and their milk supply does not grow with their baby! So the solution is to continue breastfeeding and give her 2 ounces of formula after every feeding. I was really hoping to solely breastfeed till she is one but her weight and health is much more important than anything else! For all you breastfeeding moms out their, if you can give any advice, I would really appreciate it! Now onto a happier note...

October 31...Laney's first Halloween!
I was really excited to go to Texas and get Laney a Dallas Cowboys cheer leading outfit for Halloween but when we went to the Dallas Cowboys pro shop all they had was size 2T and up! So my little sweet pea was a beautiful little blossom!

We went to trunk or treat at church and went trick or treating Halloween night. We basically went just for fun because Laney sure can't have candy yet and mommy sure doesn't need candy. So I turned down everyone's request to give Laney candy because I knew I would end up eating it anyway! I figured I would let that piece of candy go to a well deserving child that will thoroughly enjoy it and drive their moms crazy with energy! Your welcome moms!

November 1...Chili fest at Fort Rucker.
Every year Fort Rucker puts on a chili fest with sponsors around the area making their best chili(and in some cases worst). They offer helicopter rides for a small fortune and have all the helicopters on display. We went to join in on the festivities and of course had to have a photo shoot by the Apache(which is what daddy is flying).



Daddy put Laney on top of the hell-fire missle...she looks a little concerned!

So proud of her daddy!!!

And last but definitely not least...
As we were standing, looking at the black hawk(boooo) I saw my absolute favorite nurse who was my nurse in the hospital throughout my whole labor and delivery process. She was the one who walked me through every step, helped deliver laney by c-section, walked me through breastfeeding and even sent me a personal thank you note after coming home from the hospital tell me how wonderful of a patient I was! She deserves the nurse of the year award! We stood there and talked for a while and after walking off, I realized I did not get a picture of her and Laney together, so I turned around and told her I knew she would call me insane but I must have a picture of the two of them together, and she totally agreed!!Whew, that was a long post!

Coming up...7 months!!


2 comments:

The Burggraff's said...

SO cute!! I love the last pic of Rocky and Laney....both smiling!

Kara said...

regarding the breastfeeding thing...
you have made it 6+ months with solely breastfeeding and that is huge! i nursed both of my boys until they were around 9 months old, but i could tell before then that my supply was just not keeping up with the demand. like you, i was nursing every 2 hours, and that is just soo time consuming for a baby of that age. sooo...i would suggest at each feeding to nurse for as long as you feel like a good milk supply is coming out, then supplement with formula until laney is milk-drunk! that gives your body more time to replenish your milk supply before the next feeding (which will hopefully be closer to 4 hours later instead of 2!) i wish that i would have been more willing to supplement with formula when the boys were closer to her age. it would have freed up some time on my end, and i think they would have been more full. by the way, my boys are also small for their age, but don't let all of that get to you! my mom told me that when i was 1 year old i only weighed 14 pounds. sometimes babies just stay small for longer!
wow. this is a long comment. more like a monologue.